Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Trip 13 -- Morning Ride

I'm going to have to start getting used to these morning rides with fall semester on the horizon. It's been nice staying up until 2 am and waking up at noon...but it's time to adjust my sleep schedule back to college mode. One huge perk about riding in the morning is the temperature...it was still in the high 60s when I left, so that was really nice on a day where the high looks to be in the high 80s.
Some less aggressive birds...but the falcons were still cooler.


This is a very purple house, pretty cool though. Bravo to the owner for standing out a little bit from the crowd.


I was glad to see that the path had easy access to the downtown area, I haven't been down there yet on my bike so I thought I'd check it out.


This playground looks a little more fun than the lonely pull-up bars further south on the trail.

I've never actually been in the little ampitheater right by the bridge until now. That's what I love about doing this blog, I've seen a lot of things up close that I've always wondered about from afar.






That's all I got for today. You may notice that posts will (or already have) decreased in length and substance. That is the challenge of writing a daily blog...not every post is going to be a home run, but I'm trying. When school starts, these posts may become even smaller, but I will continue to put as much effort into it as I can. Thanks for reading!


Start: 8:17
End: 9:24
Temp: 69 degrees
Trip: 8.3



View Larger Map

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Job keeping the blog going and getting in a morning ride! You are very inspirational/motivating. I love seeing the photos you take. Always something interesting. Much better than reading the other blogs...or even the Herald...they are so boring.

Its like reality tv live in Grand Forks.

Happy Trails!