Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Still Fighting

Just a quick post today, I'm heading back to Fargo again soon to help out. They still need our help, just show up to the Fargodome and they'll put you on a shuttle to whereever you're needed.

I know Moorhead residents may feel like the spotlight's all on Fargo, but anyone willing to help out in Moorhead, here's the info:

Volunteering to Help
Volunteers for sandbagging can show up all week between 8:00 AM & 8:00 PM at Nemzek Hall on the MSUM campus. Nemzek Hall is located on 17th street between 6th and 7th avenue south. Please car pool if possible. You must bring an ID. All volunteers must fill out a registration form. Minors must bring the form signed by their parent/guardian.


Quick Grand Forks update: Red River is at 36.32 ft as I type this post, which is a little bit higher than they predicted at this moment. Point Bridge is closed as well as the Greenway. To my knowledge there is no need for a large amount of volunteers, I will of course update this if I find out anything more.

Please feel free to leave a comment about your own flood story, story of volunteering, or any helpful flood-related information.

I will get a new picture of the Red in Grand Forks when I return from Fargo tonight.

No comments: